To honor Senior Airman Mark Forester and his sacrifice through the presentation of annual scholarships to deserving and eligible applicants.
As an enlisted CCT with a bachelor's degree, Mark believed strongly in education and set an example for all others to follow. His ideal is captured through the presentation of this scholarship by helping others further their academic endeavors, whether through college trade schools or certification programs.
Please review the information on this page and if you would like to submit an application, please fill out the online application.
Important dates: 2023
1. A family member (dependent) of any CCA member, who is a former, retired, active duty/guard/reserve Combat Controller, Combat Control Officer, or Special Tactics Officer.
2. Have enrolled in an institution of higher learning:
3. Have maintained a 2.5-grade point average (GPA), verified by evidence such as a letter from a counselor or a copy of transcripts.
4. If enrolling in a trade school or certification program, please provide the institution's name and the program's cost at the time of applying.
5. Completed scholarship application per the application procedures listed in the "criteria" box at the bottom of this page.
6. Be sure to fill this application out in its entirety.
1. Scholarships are based on "one-time" scholastic achievement, activities, or interests, as well as a trade school or certification program.
2. The amount of up to $50,000 annually will be awarded. An individual will not exceed $5000.
The dollar amount awarded to each individual will be based on the number of applicants, and how each package grades against the criteria.
3. Official written verification for the recipient's registration/enrollment from the institution of higher learning must be received by the scholarship committee before the distribution of funds.
4. The CCF will mail the scholarship check directly to the individual winner(s).
If the recipient ceases to attend classes at the institution of choice, trade school or certification program and does not transfer to another institution or program. In that case, the recipient must return any remaining funds to the CCF.
5. The applicants selected to receive the scholarships will be notified before receiving the award.
If the original selectee declines acceptance of the scholarship, a subsequent selectee will be notified as soon as possible.
Failure to respond to the CCA Scholarship Committee within 20-days of notification with acknowledgment of acceptance of the scholarship constitutes a declination of the scholarship.
6. Any applicant planning delayed school enrollment must notify the CCF Scholarship Chairperson, and the scholarship money will be held in the student's name for up to 12 months after notification.
1. Judging will be by an impartial committee of five people (to include one CCA board member, one active duty STO/CCT Officer, one retired STO/CCT Officer, one active-duty CCT, and one retired CCT). The Board member will be the tiebreaker if necessary; otherwise the board member will not vote.
2. The scholarship committee members will work independently, without collusion, and present their tally sheet, clearly identifying each candidate in rank order.
3. No committee member will be related to any applicant.
4. Judges will base their selections only on the applications submitted.
5. Applicant’s name, race, and sex will not appear on any portion of the application seen by the judges.
6. Applications will be evaluated based on a point system regarding the following criteria:
5 – Excellent (Meets all criteria)
4 – Very Good (Meets most of the criteria)
3 – Good (Meets the criteria)
2 – Does not Apply
Scholastic Achievement (class rank, GPA 2.5 – 4.0)
AP / IB programs
Extracurricular Activities (honors and awards, employment)
Total = Overall Score: _______/_30 possible points
If you would like to volunteer as a judge for the 2022 Mark Forester Scholarship, please check the criteria below and then log into the CCA Membership Database and click on the “Scholarship Page” button.
Judging will be by an impartial committee of five people (to include one CCA board member, once active duty STO, one retired STO/CCT Officer, one active-duty CCT, and one retired CCT). The Board member will be the tie-breaker if necessary; otherwise the board member will not vote.
Judging will take place August 2nd thru August 8th, 2022
Please apply ASAP!
Combat Control Association Secretary
Combat Control Foundation Director
CCA Life Member#877